RICHARD FOSTER BURSARY
The Richard Foster Bursary was established in 2002 to perpetuate the memory of Sir Richard Foster, Director of National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside, and President of ICMM, who died tragically in 2001. Its purpose is to provide financial assistance to members of ICMM wishing to attend or speak at an ICMM Congress.
The President and Council of ICMM invites applications for bursaries for this 18th Biennial Congress. The Council is particularly keen that the bursaries are used to encourage the attendance of new members of ICMM or those who have not previously attended a Congress.
ABOUT THE CONGRESS
ICMM members have met together since the early 1970s and this Congress is the 18th such meeting. ICMM Congresses enable worldwide delegates to network, share expertise and resources, and to learn about the latest best practices in maritime museums operations and management from around the world.
The 2017 Congress theme is Discoveries!, with recognised speakers and subjects specially selected for the event.
During the Congress there will be formal presentations by delegates and workshop sessions, as well as a social programme of formal and informal activities. All sessions will be conducted in English, and there will be simultaneous translation to Spanish.
APPLYING FOR A RICHARD FOSTER BURSARY
Applications should be on no more than one page of A4, and should include the following information:
- Name, title and institutional affiliation (for example, John Smith, Curator of Maritime Art, Maritime Museum of New England)
- Contact details
- Whether or not you are already a member of ICMM
- A brief résumé together with a statement of how and why attending the Congress will benefit your career and/or your museum.
- An abstract of your proposed contribution to the Congress - presentation, paper, etc. (if applicable)
- Where the applicant is not a Director or senior staff member, attach a letter of support from your Director or senior member of staff.
We aim to get decisions to you as soon as possible, so enabling you to take advantage of lower-cost air fares.
- Applications close Monday 14 April, 2017
- Notification of decisions by Monday 15 May, 2017
Please email your application as an attachment to:
Chair of Congress Programme Commitee
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
213 N. Talbot St.
St. Michaels MD 21663